What is a crown?
A dental crown is a type of restoration that can be used for a variety of aesthetic and restorative purposes. The crown, which is sometimes referred to as a cap, is designed to entirely fit over the tooth. This restores the tooth to optimal shape, structure, and size. Crowns can be created from a number of materials, including porcelain, gold, and porcelain fused to metal; many patients choose all-porcelain crowns for their natural-looking effect. No matter which type of crown you need, Dr. Michael Sanchez, DDS will make certain that the restoration fits your smile comfortably and effectively.
Do I need a crown?
Crowns are very versatile and can be used for a number of treatments. Our dentist may recommend a custom-made crown to:
• Protect a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
• Strengthen a fractured or otherwise weakened tooth
• Cover and complete a dental implant
• Anchor a dental bridge
• Enhance the appearance of a severely darkened or stained tooth
• Support a large dental filling when little tooth structure remains
• Improve the aesthetics and function of a misshapen tooth
For more information about how a dental crown in Owasso, Oklahoma, can improve the health, function, and beauty of your smile, we welcome you to contact us today at Renaissance Dental. We are eager to care for you!